Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pencil on Paper

Self Portrait
I did this last year in my Art I class. This was probably both my favorite and least favorite
project. I'm definitely a pencil person. I love the detail you can get with it, especially with the eyes and hair. I am also an eye person. I love drawing eyes and I think you can tell with this piece. I definitely focused on them. It was really frustrating at times, though. It was tough trying to make it actually look like me, and focusing on it for so long. In the end, I think it helped me gain a lot of new techniques as well as a heaping bucket of patience. Pencil is fun, but it takes a lottttt of patience.



Brainstorm
What started out being a doodle for my brother turned out to be something a little more elaborate. I thought it would be cool to mix realism (of sorts) with really cartoon style words and arrows. It's not as developed as my self portrait, but I still like how it turned out.










Hiding
I did a pencil drawing of a picture I took of my sister. I wanted to work a little with fabric and I though the texture of the sweatshirt would be interesting to work with. I like the way the texture turned out. An aspect of this project that I like is the eye. I always enjoy drawing eyes and love paying attention to small details like that. An aspect of this project that I would change is the hair. Since it was straight, it was hard to add much texture to it. I would also choose a different paper for the project. The paper that I used was slightly textured and I don't especially like how the pencil looks on he paper. It's a little grainy. But I made the skin as smooth as I could and I think it turned out fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment